Please mark your calendars. LID 15 will conduct a community meeting on Wednesday, June 27, at 6:30 p.m. at The Clubhouse at Riverstone, 18353 University Boulevard, Sugar Land.
The Board and consultants will provide an update on current and on-going flood protection and drainage projects.
If you have any specific questions you would like to have addressed at the community meeting, please submit them in writing (http://www.fblid15.com/contact-us) no later than the end of the day on Friday, June 22.
This meeting is intended for LID 15 residents. It is our understanding that LID 19 will conduct a separate community meeting on June 9th.
- Capital Projects:
- Temporary supplemental pumps (purchased together with LID 19 to provide a total of 80,000 additional gpm) – ordered, June 2018 anticipated delivery.
- Drainage improvements between Prestwick and Providence – pipeline relocation agreement approved, work anticipated to begin in May 2018.
- Pump Station at Snake Slough – currently under design.
- Interconnect for Snake Slough/Steep Bank Creek – currently under design.
- Interconnect for Alcorn Bayou/Steep Bank Creek – currently under design.
- Road access improvements at Alcorn Bayou pump station – in progress
- Pump Station at Lost Creek – in discussion with other districts within Steep Bank Creek watershed for regional participation.
- Staff gauges at Steep Bank Creek pump station, Alcorn Bayou pump station, Snake Slough, Pecan Manor outfall, and AS 12 detention pond – ordered
- Digital emergency bulletin boards – in review
- Expansion of emergency alert system (text messages and emails) – underway
- Development of improved communications protocol and website modifications – underway
Additional projects are being considered by the District. A comprehensive update will be posted here in June 2018. The LID Board is also working to schedule a community meeting in May 2018.