Fort Bend County Levee Improvement District No. 15
Adopted May 16, 2022
Our Mission, is a COMMITMENT to provide residents and commercial property owners with the HIGHEST quality flood plain reclamation, flood prevention, and stormwater drainage improvements in the most cost-effective manner.
Pillars of Success
- Quality Services
- Transcending Standards
- Operational Efficiency
- Quality Services: The District commits to providing its residents and commercial property owners with the highest quality of services authorized within our mission.
- The District will update its levee and drainage facilities inventory, and define and implement maintenance service levels for each.
- The District will assess its non-flood prevention assets (including certain parks, roads and wetlands), and define and implement maintenance schedules for each.
- The District will inventory all software and data sources used by consultants and research alternatives that could be owned by the District.
- The District will analyze its current management and staffing model using outsourced consultants and research the direct hiring of staff, including evaluating the related costs, benefits, and risks.
- Transcending Standards: The District will strive to meet or exceed the laws and regulatory requirements applicable to the flood-protection services provided by FBCLID 15.
- The District will continually review current local, state, and federal laws and regulatory requirements applicable to the flood-protection services provided by FBCLID 15. A capital improvement program will be prepared for any flood control assets that do not meet the current requirements. Alternatives will be identified for assets that do not exceed the latest standards.
- The District will review current stakeholder communications and develop a plan to improve public information regarding flood risks and protection.
- The District will foster relationships with local, state and federal agencies.
- The District will adopt an encroachment policy to preserve easement access.
- Operational Efficiency: The District will endeavor to provide world-class services in the most cost-effective manner.
- The District will perform budget and operations benchmarking at the state and national level.
- The District will develop an enhanced Procurement Policy.
- The District will prepare a long-term financial plan that includes projections for future tax rates and reserve funds.
Board of Directors
Rohit Sankholkar – Precinct 4
President, 05/2022 to 05/2026
Jeff Anderson – Precinct 3
Vice-President, 05/2022 to 05/2026
Girish Misra – Precinct 5
Secretary, 05/2020 to 05/2024
Darrell Groves – Precinct 2
Assistant Vice President, 05/2020 to 05/2024
Glen Gill – Precinct 1
Assistant Secretary, 05/2022 to 05/2026