To provide you with more information on Levee Improvement District 15 (LID15) —and in places where you are more likely to find it—we have launched an official Facebook page. You can find the page here — ( https://www.facebook.com/FortBendLID15 ). Each month we will feature scheduled posts on news of the district, information about the people who help your LID prosper, conservation articles, and other news, all designed to keep you up to date.
If you have questions or comments regarding this policy, please notify us through the “Contact Us” page on the district website http://www.fblid15.com/contact-us/ or now, you can also post your questions on the Facebook page so that everyone can see both your inquiries and the responses to them.
Please keep in mind that requests for public records cannot be made through messages posted on Facebook. Formal requests for public records must be submitted via http://www.fblid15.com/contact-us or by mail to Public Information Act Request, Fort Bend County LID 15, c/o The Schwartz, Page & Harding, L.L.P., 1300 Post Oak Blvd., Suite 1400, Houston, Texas 77056.
Please like and share the page ( https://www.facebook.com/FortBendLID15 ), and please let us know of any additional topics you would like for us to cover.
Please refer to the Facebook User Agreement found below containing guidelines for appropriate posting and commentary.
Facebook User Agreement
LID 15 intends to encourage effective communication that maintains a respectful dialogue. In support of that goal, the rules for posting external comments on Facebook aim to provide a productive and open forum for community discussion. Our moderators use these rules to ensure that posted comments are constructive and suitable for all readers, while respecting a range of opinions and points of view. Moderation will take place during regular business hours. LID15 is not responsible, or liable, for any materials that the District deems inappropriate for posting and which cannot be removed in a timely manner.
Posted comments must comply with the following regulations:
- Comments must not encourage or disseminate discrimination on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, creed, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, or physical or mental disability.
- Slanderous, libelous, malicious, offensive, threatening, profane, or insulting language are not allowed. Comments must remain civil.
- References to the personality of individuals or personal attacks will not be permitted.
- Sexual content or links to sexual content is not permitted.
- Advertising, promotional announcements, or solicitations of commerce are not permitted.
- Comments must pertain to the topic under discussion. Any links to other web sites or pages must be relevant to the topic under discussion.
- Comments cannot include personally identifiable information, such as an address, phone number, social security number or other sensitive information.
- Comments cannot include information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems.
- Comments cannot represent a person other than the one posting the comment.
- Comments cannot serve political or electoral campaign purposes. Political messages will be removed.
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity is not permitted.
- Comments must not breach any law, confidentiality, or copyright.
- Users are responsible for anything that they post.
- Comments by external parties on LID15 Facebook page are not official public testimony concerning any project or program. Any opinion expressed on the LID15 Facebook page is posted for discussion only and is not a substitute for a formal statement in a public hearing process. The LID15 Facebook page is not a forum to submit open record requests.
- All information posted on the LID15 Facebook page may be kept and retained as a public record in accordance with LID15’s records retention policy.
If you have questions or comments regarding this policy, please notify us through the “Contact Us” page on the LID’s official website ( http://www.fblid15.com ).
Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities