Status Report on Post-Harvey Action
- Capital Projects:
- Temporary supplemental pumps (purchased together with LID 19 to provide a total of 80,000 additional gpm) – ordered, June 2018 anticipated delivery.
- Drainage improvements between Prestwick and Providence – pipeline relocation agreement approved, work anticipated to begin in May 2018.
- Pump Station at Snake Slough – currently under design.
- Interconnect for Snake Slough/Steep Bank Creek – currently under design.
- Interconnect for Alcorn Bayou/Steep Bank Creek – currently under design.
- Road access improvements at Alcorn Bayou pump station – in progress
- Pump Station at Lost Creek – in discussion with other districts within Steep Bank Creek watershed for regional participation.
- Staff gauges at Steep Bank Creek pump station, Alcorn Bayou pump station, Snake Slough, Pecan Manor outfall, and AS 12 detention pond – ordered
- Digital emergency bulletin boards – in review
- Expansion of emergency alert system (text messages and emails) – underway
- Development of improved communications protocol and website modifications – underway
Additional projects are being considered by the District. A comprehensive update will be posted here in June 2018. The LID Board is also working to schedule a community meeting in May 2018.
If you have not already done so, please sign up to receive emergency alerts (link in upper right corner of this site).